MSC Book Club
MEETS THE 3RD THURSDAY OF EACH MONTH, 1-2 PM
Looking for a fun way to enjoy books and meet new people? Join our Book Club! Each month we will read a different book and rotate facilitators. Books are often available at the library, and can be reserved in advance. Many books have audio versions* for those with vision impairments. We currently meet virtually, and hope to meet in person in the future. You must register in advance to get the Zoom link. Only register once, even if you don't attnd every month.
- March 17: Never Caught: The Washingtons' Relentless Pursuit of Their Runaway Slave, Ona Judge by Erica Armstrong Dunbar (Non-Fiction)
- April 21: The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict
- The remarkable, little-known story of Belle da Costa Greene, J. P. Morgan's personal librarian—who became one of the most powerful women in New York despite the dangerous secret she kept in order to make her dreams come true.
- May 19: In the Distance by Hernan Diaz
- A Swedish boy is separated from his brother in their 19th-century immigration to America. He ends up in San Francisco instead of New York and decides he can just walk East. In a unique experience of the Old West, he meets naturalists, criminals, religious fanatics, Indians, and lawmen, and his exploits turn him into a legend.