Monday, September 13, 2010 - 7:27am

September 14 Partisan Primary Election

Polling places statewide will open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. this Tuesday.

Before going to the polls, voters can verify their voter registration status, look up their polling place, or view a sample ballot online at the Voter Public Access website.

Voters who have moved or changed their name may update their voter registration at the polls on Election Day with proof of residence. Voters may complete the voter registration application in advance and bring it with them to the polls.

The following items may be used as proof of residence as long as they are current and list the voter's name at his or her current address:
• Utility bill (up to 90 days old)
• Wisconsin Driver's License
• ID Card issued by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
• Bank statement
• Tax bill
• Residential lease
• Paycheck
• Government check or document
• Student ID issued by UW-Madison or Edgewood College that includes a photo, as long as the student is listed on the certified housing list provided by the university or college. This option is not available for students in private housing.

If a voter is unable to provide one of these forms of proof of residence, another City of Madison resident may sign as his or her corroborating witness. The corroborating witness must be eligible to vote in Madison and must be able to provide proof of his or her address.


  • Maribeth Witzel-Behl, 608-266-4601