Get the latest Employee Updates, information on working from home, policies, and data related to COVID-19.
Type 1 Virtual Committee Meetings
Type 1 meetings are facilitated, live streamed, broadcasted, and recorded by IT. Type 1 committees generally meet more frequently, have more legislative items, and have greater public participation.
If your committee or subcommittee has not met virtually yet, please complete the New Committee setup steps.
See the Type 1 Virtual Meeting Checklist for a list of tasks to complete for each meeting.
Schedule the Meeting
- Create the meeting in Legistar.
- Create the meeting in the Meeting Schedule.
Notify the Media Team
- Send your meeting date and time to email@example.com. The IT Media Team will send you information about the Zoom meeting and streaming/broadcast details.
- Add the Zoom meeting URL, phone number, and webinar ID to Meeting Schedule.
Create Meeting Agenda
Publish the agenda, and create the Cross-Reference List and Agenda Item Description. Make the following updates:
- Meeting Schedule: Add the Agenda and Agenda Item Description to the Meeting Schedule.
- Cross-Reference List: Upload the Cross-Reference List through the Meeting Schedule application, or using the Cross-Reference Upload Tool. You need to be on the City network.
Send Staff Panelist List
Email a list of staff that need meeting invitations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hold the Meeting
Before the meeting, send committee members:
- All public comment emails sent to the committee email address.
- A PDF of the Registration Report.
Follow established meeting procedures, using the Report to call on members of the public.
Minutes & Recording
- Immediately after the meeting, export the Registration Report as a PDF.
- Create Minutes in Legistar. Attach the full Registrant Report PDF to the Public Comment Legistar File for that meeting.
- Add a link to the meeting recording to Legistar, in the Media field.
- After the minutes are approved, add link to the minutes in Meeting Schedule.
All staff must be trained before hosting virtual meetings. Type 1 committee staff should sign up for:
- Meeting Schedule: Register for the Meeting Schedule part of the Committee Staff Training.
- Type 1 Virtual Meeting Host: Email email@example.com to request training.
All staff must be trained on the legislative process before attending training on the Meeting Schedule and hosting virtual meetings.
- Type 1 Virtual Meeting Checklist
- Type 1 Meetings Co-Host Guide
- Video: Type 1 Meetings Co-host Training
- Video: Type 1 Meetings Panelist Training
- Video: Back End Registration Overview
Please note: These resources do not replace the Type 1 Virtual Meeting Host training.