Get the latest Employee Updates, information on working from home, policies, and data related to COVID-19.
Type 2 Virtual Committee Meetings
Type 2 meetings are public-facing, generally do not attract significant numbers of public registrants, do not need to be live streamed, are not required to record for playback, and can be facilitated by City staff.
If your committee or subcommittee has not met virtually yet, please complete the New Committee setup steps.
See the Type 2 Virtual Meeting Checklist for a list of tasks to complete for each meeting.
Schedule the Meeting
- Create the meeting in Legistar.
- Create the meeting in the Meeting Schedule.
- Create the meeting in Outlook.
Create the Meeting in Zoom
Zoom Login page
- Create the meeting in Zoom using your assigned Zoom login.
- Add the Zoom meeting URL, phone number, and meeting ID to the Outlook invitation.
- Add the Zoom meeting URL, phone number, and meeting ID to Meeting Schedule.
Publish the agenda, and create the Cross-Reference List and Agenda Item Description. Make the following updates:
- Meeting Schedule: Add the Agenda and Agenda Item Description to the Meeting Schedule.
- Cross-Reference List: Upload the Cross-Reference List through the Meeting Schedule application, or using the Cross-Reference Upload Tool. You need to be on the City network.
- Outlook: Add the agenda link to the Outlook meeting invite, and send the update to all attendees.
Hold the Meeting
Before the meeting, send committee members:
- All public comment emails sent to the committee email address.
- A PDF of the Registration Report.
Follow established meeting procedures, using the Report to call on members of the public.
Facilitating Tech During the Meeting
Minutes & Recording
- Immediately after the meeting, export the Registration Report as a PDF and attach to the Public Comment Legistar File for that meeting.
- Create Minutes in Legistar.
- If you recorded the meeting, add a link to the recording to Legistar, in the Media field.
- After the minutes are approved, add link to the minutes in Meeting Schedule.
All staff must be trained before hosting virtual meetings. Please register for Committee Staff Training on the Meeting Schedule and hosting Type 2 Virtual Meetings.
All staff must be trained on the legislative process before attending training on the Meeting Schedule and hosting virtual meetings.
- Type 2 Virtual Meeting Checklist
- Type 2 Virtual Meeting Host Manual
- Type 2 Shared Login Policy
- Video: Back End Registration Overview
Please note: These resources do not replace the Type 2 Virtual Meeting Host training.
Temporary Type 1 Status
If you are anticipating increased public participation in an upcoming meeting, you can request temporary Type 1 status to have your meeting facilitated by the IT Media Team.
Type 2 committees may be granted temporary Type 1 status for an upcoming meeting if:
- A meeting will cover an agenda item that may attract broad public participation.
- A meeting requires stricter security measures.
Please email requests for Type 1 status to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month before the scheduled meeting date.