Olbrich Cottage Roof Replacement
Last Updated: 03/07/2019
The existing asphalt shingle roof of the Office Building is showing wear and areas of failure. The interior spaces of the lower level that are used for storage are experiencing water infiltration. To remedy these issues and maintain the historic character and appearance of the Office Building, the following project scope has been prepared:
- Remove existing asphalt shingle roof covering and related underlayment from main roof and door hoods.
- Replace deteriorated areas of sheathing.
- Install ice and water shield at lower 6 feet from eave.
- Install roof paper on entire roof.
- Install metal edge at the rakes and eaves.
- Install ridge vent along entire length of ridge.
- Install new asphalt 3 tab shingles - Timberline Ultra High Definition Shingles, by GAF or pre-approved equal in Barkwood (brown gray) color.
- Install half round gutters and round downspouts at roof (not at door hoods) in dark green to match adjacent painted surfaces.
- Install new stepped flashing and coping at false chimney.
- Repoint brick veneer at false chimney.
- Replace existing deteriorated beaded soffit boards in kind where required.
- Paint existing hood elements and soffits and fascia in dark green to match existing color scheme.
City User Agency: Parks Division
Design and Planning: In Design
1st Advertisement of Bid: TBD
Bid Due Date: TBD
Construction Start Date: TBD
Expected Completion Date: TBD
November 05, 2018 File #53456
Approving plans and specifications and authorizing the Board of Public Works to advertise and receive bids for Olbrich Cottage - Roof Replacement.