Posted on Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Fire Prevention Week is a great time to gather as a household to create and practice an escape plan.
Remember, Every second counts: Plan two ways out!
Download this Home Escape Plan worksheet and follow these steps:
1. Draw a map of your home. Show all doors and windows.
2. Visit each room. Find two ways out.
3. All windows and doors should open easily. You should be able to use them to get outside.
4. Make sure your home has smoke alarms. Push the test button to make sure each alarm is working.
5. Pick a meeting place outside. It should be in front of your home. Everyone will meet at the meeting place.
6. Make sure your house or building number can be seen from the street.
7. Talk about your plan with everyone in your home.
8. Learn the emergency phone number for your fire department (911).
9. Practice your home fire escape plan!
Visit the MFD Blog all week long for more fire prevention tips and fun family activities!