Cigarette Butts Likely The Cause Of Northside Fire

Incident Type
Structure
Dispatch
Wednesday, June 3, 2015 - 1:20pm
Arrival
Wednesday, June 3, 2015 - 1:24pm
Address
1800 Block Fordem Ave
Madison, WI
Narrative

A northside maintenance worker reported that he saw smoke coming from an apartment balcony Wednesday. The maintenance worker was able to extinguish the fire quickly. Engine 3’s crew found several cigarette butts on the balcony, and peat moss seed pots had caught on fire. The fire resulted in some damage to the building’s siding. The residents were not home at the time.
 

Posted 06/04/2015 - 3:38pm