Construction Site Dumpster Fire Contained With Extinguishers, Water
MFD was dispatched to a dumpster fire in a construction area on Haight Road. Engine 9 arrived on the scene to find one site worker dousing the dumpster using a garden hose. 12 portable extinguishers had also been used by a number of construction workers to extinguish the fire. E9 crew found the dumpster to contain discarded cardboard, and discarded cigarette butts are thought to be the cause of the fire. Before leaving the area, E9 ran more water into the dumpster from a nearby hydrant to ensure a fire wouldn’t reignite.