Cooking Fire Displaces Four

Incident Type
Friday, May 1, 2020 - 2:54pm
Friday, May 1, 2020 - 3:00pm
2400 Block Allied Drive
Madison, WI

Firefighters responded to the 2400 block of Allied Drive for a report of a cooking fire in an apartment. Upon arrival, Ladder Co.7 was directed to the apartment and told that the fire was already out.

An occupant reports he was heating up a pan when grease or oil that had spilled near a stovetop burner ignited. He was able to put out the fire using flour, but the fire and soot damage that resulted was significant enough to displace the family of four. Nobody was injured. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Posted 05/04/2020 - 3:41pm

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)