Cooking Fire With Injury
Ladder 8 responded for a water-flow alarm in an apartment building. En route, Ladder 8 was notified of an injured party at the location. L8 arrived to find a small grease fire that had been extinguished prior to arrival by the on-site sprinkler system. Alarms and strobes were sounding and operating. L8 shut the sprinkler system down, and the owner arrived on site to assist in the silencing of the alarms. The strobes continued to operate until the arrival of a fire investigator. Medic 8 arrived to find a female patient with burns to her hand and wrist, and began treatment of the patient at the scene. She was transported to UW Hospital.