Firefighters Called To Unattended Fire Pit
The Madison Fire Department was called to the scene of a single-family residence with an above-ground fire pit left unattended. The crew on Engine 8 found the wood in the enclosed wire mesh pit had not fully been extinguished, and a very small amount of fire and smoke was still present. The homeowner told MFD that she put water on the fire prior to leaving it unattended. E8 personnel used a water can to fully extinguish the fire before leaving the scene.
All residents are asked to review and adhere to the City of Madison Outdoor and Open Burning General Ordinance (linked below) to ensure safe and legal enjoyment of outdoor campfires and fireplaces.