Firefighters Respond to Dryer Fire
Madison, WI 53716
Firefighters responded to a dryer fire shortly before 6:00 pm on Monday, January 10th on the 500 block of Pflaum Road.
Engine 14 were first on the scene and saw two people outside waving the crew down. Firefighters also observed smoke through the front picture window of the single family home.
Two adult occupants told firefighters that everyone was out of the house and a fire was in the clothes dryer, which was located in the basement.
One of the occupants said he tried to put the fire out using a small fire extinguisher without success.
As firefighters made entry into the basement, they noticed the fire was contained inside the clothes dryer. After extinguishing the fire and ventilating the home, firefighters applied water to the contents of the dryer to cool them down and ensure a fire would not rekindle.
Damage estimated at $5,000.
No one was hurt or displaced as a result of the fire.