Improperly Discarded Ashes Cause $25,000.00 Damage

Incident Type
Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 7:11pm
Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 7:15pm
6200 Block Dominion Dr
Madison, WI 53718

On Saturday, May 22nd, City of Madison Fire crews responded to a house fire on the 6200 block of Dominion Drive.

Firefighters arrived to the single family home shortly after 7:00 pm and found a neighbor extinguishing the fire, using a garden hose. Fire crews used their fire hose to finish the extinguishment of the fire.
Firefighters looked for extension in the attic and overhauled the exterior, soffit and attic to ensure the fire was out.

The cause of the fire was a result of improperly discarded fire pit ashes that were dumped on top of a compost pile. The pile was close to the home.

There were no injuries. The fire caused $25,000.00 to the exterior of the home.


Posted 05/24/2021 - 10:51am

Bernadette Galvez, 608-243-0180