Improperly Discarded Fireworks Result In House Fire

Incident Type
Saturday, July 4, 2020 - 10:59pm
Saturday, July 4, 2020 - 11:05pm
Saturday, July 4, 2020 - 11:14pm
400 Block Seven Nations Dr
Madison, WI

Improperly discarded fireworks resulted in a house fire on Madison’s West side late Sunday evening.

The Madison Fire Department was dispatched at 10:59 p.m. to the 400 block of Seven Nations Drive after reports of the front porch on fire.

Upon arrival, Ladder Co.6 observed heavy flames and smoke from the front of the house. An additional Engine Co. and Medic unit were requested by Ladder Co.6.

Ladder Co.1 completed initial Search and Rescue. Engine Co. 3, Engine Co.4, Engine Co.1 all assisted with interior and exterior fire attack, initially knocking the fire down at 11:14 p.m.

Investigators believe the fire was a result of improperly discarded fireworks. All residents were able to get out of the house safely. One person was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.

Posted 07/06/2020 - 7:22am

Jen Blair, 608-219-9481,