Northside Cooking Fire

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 2:45pm
Arrival
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 2:45pm
Address
3800 Block School Rd
Madison, WI
Narrative

Upon arrival, Engine 10 assessed the scene and found smoke coming from the back door of the building. A police officer was exiting with a fire extinguisher. He had accomplished initial knock down. E10 went in, put more water on the fire which was still generating quite a bit of smoke, and finished extinguishing it. Firefighters ventilated the building. The medics tended to a patient and transported her to UW Hospital. She had attempted to remove a an of potpourri which she had forgotten bout and burned. The pan continued to burn n the sink, damaging the sink and faucet, and the window above it. Fire damage included the stove, microwave, cabinets, sink, faucet, window and flooring. Drywall was spalled behind the stove. The countertop was burned. A fire investigator arrived on scene.
 

Posted 04/29/2015 - 7:19am