Smoke Leads Firefighters To Unattended Stovetop

Incident Type
Cooking
Dispatch
Friday, June 5, 2015 - 1:57am
Arrival
Friday, June 5, 2015 - 2:04am
Address
100 Block N. Bassett St
Madison, WI
Narrative

Ladder 1 was sent to a downtown structure fire early Friday morning. Although no flames were visible from the outside of the two-story building, fire personnel could smell smoke or burnt food. They soon observed a light haze of smoke coming from a second-story window.
 
After repeated attempts to gain access through primary and secondary building entrances, the crew set up the ladder and forced entry through the balcony door associated with the smoke. L1 crew found that a plate of food had been left on the stovetop with the burner still on. All occupants inside the residence were asleep when the Fire Department arrived.  
 

Posted 06/05/2015 - 1:31pm