Incident Type: 
Sunday, January 9, 2022 - 11:18am
200 N. Walbridge Ave
Madison, WI 53714

On Sunday, January 9th shortly after 11:00 am, firefighters were dispatched to a waterflow and fire alarm at the Park Glen Commons Apartments.

Occupants were evacuating the building as fire crews arrived at the 200 block of N. Walbridge Avenue.

It was found that a resident in a third floor apartment had heated oil on a stovetop, which activated the fire sprinkler system that extinguished the fire.

There were no injuries and no occupants were displaced because of the fire.

Damage is estimated at $1,500.

Fire sprinkler systems can keep fires from spreading and can also extinguish them. They limit the damage to property but most importantly, sprinkler systems save lives!

Posted 01/10/2022 - 3:15pm

Bernadette Galvez, 16082430180,