Worker Injured After Hand Becomes Trapped In Mechanical Equipment
One person was taken to the hospital after their hand became trapped in mechanical equipment overnight. The Madison Fire Department responded to a business on the 2200 block of Fordem Avenue just after 1:00 a.m. Employees escorted responders to the patient, who was in obvious pain as his fingers remained trapped between two mechanical rollers. Engine Co. 3 made sure the power to the machine was shut down before taking measures to release the tension on the rollers. The patient was freed from the equipment within twelve minutes of MFD’s arrival. Paramedics took over medical care and transported the patient to a local hospital.
Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)