Increased Service in Late August
Buses are currently operating modified Saturday schedules, however, Metro will be adding service to accommodate more riders beginning Sunday, August 23.
Service will be increased to better serve low-income riders and people of color. Capacity is also being added in the downtown area and core sections of the system, with buses running more frequently to allow people more options to travel during rush hour times.
Face masks Required to Ride
In addition, as according to Emergency Order #8 recently issued by Public Health Madison & Dane County, all riders are required to wear a face covering on the bus.
Service Details/ Requests to Passengers
Buses operate modified Saturday service schedules.
Capacity on all Metro Transit fixed-route buses is limited to 20 passengers plus the driver. Do capacity limits affect your trip?
- Fare collection is suspended.
- Customers are required to board and exit the bus using the rear doors (riders needing the ramp may still enter through the front).
- Customers are asked to ride for essential trips such as to employment, medical appointments, grocery stores, etc.
- Passengers are required to wear a mask or other face covering when riding.
- Metro's Administration Office is closed. Lost and Found pick-up done by appointment only. Call 608-266-4904.
- Metro maintenance are performing daily cleanings of all buses. See all preventative measures.
These measures are in effect until further notice.
Metro is operating modified SATURDAY schedules. Saturday service is provided on the following routes only: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 26, 30, 31, 32, 36, 40, 50, 51, 59, 63, 67, 68, 78.
In addition to the routes listed above, the following routes are available Monday through Friday.
- Routes 55 and 75 operate regular weekday schedules to/from Verona/Epic .
- Route 23 operates regular weekday schedules to/from Sun Prairie.
- Route 72 operates regular weekday schedules to/from Middleton.
- Routes 44, 48 and 49 operate regular weekday schedules to/from Fitchburg.
The University of Wisconsin Campus Routes 80 and 84 will operate RECESS SERVICE exactly as it normally operates on a recess schedule. Route 80 will run weekday recess service Monday through Friday, and weekend recess service Saturday and Sunday. Routes 81 and 82 will not operate.
Metro maintenance employees have implemented new cleaning protocols to help prevent the spread of the virus including:
- Wipe downs/sprays of all high-contact areas in the bus with tuberculocidal disinfectants
- Wipe downs/sprays of all high-contact areas in the Metro garage and operations areas with tuberculocidal disinfectants
- Fogging vehicles with tuberculocidal disinfectant
- (608) 266-4466
- Sign up text and email alerts at mymetrobus.com/alerts.