Applications Being Accepted to Fill Seventeenth Aldermanic District Vacancy
Must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Monday, October 3, 2022
District 17 Alder Gary Halverson resigned from the Madison Common Council last week.
District 17 residents are invited to apply to fill this vacancy for the remainder of the term, which ends on April 18, 2023.
The Common Council President manages the application process to fill the vacancy. Received applications are reviewed by the Common Council Executive Committee. This process includes an interview of applicants at a special Common Council Executive Committee meeting on Thursday, October 20, at 6:00 p.m. After conducting interviews, the committee will make a recommendation to the Common Council. On Tuesday, October 25, 2022, the Common Council will appoint the interim District 17 alder, who will serve until April 18, 2023.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, October 3, 2022.
Applications should include:
- Telephone Number (Home/Mobile/Work)
- E-mail address
- A biographical resume should include education, work, neighborhood, and civic experience
- A statement on why you wish to serve
- A statement of what you wish to accomplish
- A statement if you plan to run for alderperson in the Spring 2023 election
The following is the timeline:
- Monday, October 3, at 4:30 p.m.: Applications to fill the vacancy due
- Thursday, October 20, at 6:00 p.m.: Special CCEC Meeting for applicant interviews and recommendation of selected candidate to Council
- Tuesday, October 25, at 6:30 p.m.: Common Council Meeting - Appointment of District 17 Interim Alder