August Moving Days Begins Today
Monday, August 5, 2019 - 11:29am
The annual August Moving Days tradition is underway!
Streets Division crews have begun circling through the student move area and they will continue to do so during each workday until August 15.
Here are some rules to follow and some helpful tips on how to make your move efficient and safe.
- Use the collection carts correctly and use them often. Crews will be emptying collection carts each workday in the move-out area from August 5 until August 15.
- Stack large items neatly so collection can be fast and safe. Plus, remember that certain appliances, like microwaves, require a recycling fee sticker to be collected.
- Do not place televisions at the curb. And do not place other electronics banned from the landfill at the curb or into the collection carts. Electronics must be delivered to a Streets Division drop-off to be recycled, and note that certain electronics, like televisions, require a recycling fee.
- Please donate or sell usable items. There are many opportunities for all of the usable yet unwanted items to find a new life rather than going to the landfill.
More information about the August Moving Days can be found on the Streets Division’s Moving Days website, www.cityofmadison.com/movingdays.
- Bryan Johnson608email@example.com