Metro Transit Public Hearing Scheduled - Proposed August Service Changes
Monday, April 11, 2016 - 9:30am
Wednesday, April 13 at 6:00 PM
On Wednesday, April 13, Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transit and Parking Commission will hold a public hearing in the Madison Municipal Building (215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.), Room 260 at 6 PM to discuss proposed service updates to go into effect in August.
Interested persons are encouraged to attend the public hearing to give feedback. Consideration will be given to views and comments expressed at the public hearing as well as to all written comments received. Feedback can also be provided online by filling out Metro's online feedback form.
Written comments can also be sent to: Metro Transit Public Hearing Comments, 1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison, WI 53703 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes and updates are proposed on the following routes:
- Route 5: Removed from Buick St., Fisher St., Bram St., Beld St., and Wingra Dr. (service provided on Route 13).
- Route 13: Service shifts from Badger Rd. to Buick St., Fisher St., Bram St.
- Route 17: Addition of 30 minute service on all day on weekends and holidays.
- Route 18 (via Midvale): Service shifted from Britta Pkwy to reconstructed W. Beltline Frontage Rd.
- Route 18 (via Raymond): Service proposed to operate ‘via Hammersely’'. Shifts from Raymond Rd. and Chalet Gardens to Hammersley Rd. and Allied Dr. Proposal prepares for 2017 Verona Rd. construction, and also results in enough time saved to always service the entire Allied Loop and provide 30 min. service in afternoon peak.
- Route 19: Service shifts from Verona Rd. to Verona Frontage Rd. to serve Chalet Gardens all day. AM trips travel counterclockwise and PM trips travel clockwise, with the exception of the Allied Dr. loop.
- Route 26: Standardize route to serve UW Health at the American Center and the City View loop all day. Proposal also eliminates double coverage of American Family (Route 25).
- Route 30: During peak hours only, service shifts from Swanton to Nakoosa providing 30 minute service to Nakoosa area.
- Route 31: Extra trips added to Owl Creek Neighborhood.
- Route 33: Service shifted to Sharpsburg Dr. and Sprecher Rd.
- Route 36: Proposed to serve East Springs loop for entire day.
- Route 49: Proposed to reverse directions - AM service to operate counterclockwise, PM service to operate clockwise.
- Route 51: Muir Field loop proposed to operate counterclockwise. Service shifted from Piping Rock and Brookwood roads to Hammersely Rd.
- Route 56/57: Service shifted to Waterford Rd. and Manchester Rd.
The Madison Municipal Building is accessible to people who use mobility aids and is equipped with assistive listening devices. If you need an interpreter, translator, materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access this service, activity or program, please contact Metro Transit at (608) 266-4904 at least three business days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact the Metro customer service center at (608) 266-4466 or email@example.com.
- Metro Customer Service Center, 608-266-4466, firstname.lastname@example.org