Metro Transit Public Hearing Scheduled - Proposed Fare Increase
Monday, May 2, 2016 - 4:14pm
Wednesday, May 11 at 6:00 PM
On Wednesday, May 11, Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transit and Parking Commission will hold a public hearing at the Monona Terrace (Meeting Rooms MNQR) at 6 p.m. to discuss proposed increases to certain Metro fare items. Proposed fares would go into effect this fall.
This fare increase was included in the City’s 2016 executive budget and is intended to:
- Fund a leased bus storage facility for short-term space needs (Metro has a applied for a federal grant to build a satellite maintenance facility, which will provide a long-term solution to space needs).
- Expand Metro’s Route 17 to provide a quick connection between north and east transfer points on weekends.
- Expand Route 31 to provide additional midday and evening service to the Owl Creek neighborhood.
- Fund additional bus cleaners to improve Metro’s overall riding experience.
The following increases are being proposed:
Adult 10-Ride Card
Youth 10-Ride Card
Adult 31-Day Pass
Senior/Disabled 31-Day Pass
Summer Youth Pass
Commute Card Rate
Pass Program Rate
* Pass Programs Include: Edgewood College, Madison College, City of Madison, Meriter Hospital, Dane County, St. Marys Hospital, UW ASM Students, and UW Employees.
The Monona Terrace is accessible to people who use mobility aids and is equipped with assistive listening devices. If you need an interpreter, translator, materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access this service, activity or program, please contact Metro Transit at (608) 266-4904 at least three business days prior to the meeting.
Interested persons are encouraged to attend the public hearing to give feedback or fill out Metro's online feedback form. Consideration will be given to views and comments expressed at the public hearing as well as to all written comments received. Written comments can also be sent to: Metro Transit Public Hearing Comments, 1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison, WI 53703 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact the Metro customer service center at (608) 266-4466 or email@example.com.
- Metro Customer Service Center, firstname.lastname@example.org