Metro Transit Winter Weather Travel Tips
Monday, November 24, 2014 - 4:32pm
Metro Transit asks riders to keep the following riding tips in mind when traveling during cold and snowy weather.
1. Plan extra time for your commute. During periods of heavy snow and ice, buses will likely fall behind. Drivers maintain schedules as conditions allow, but passengers are encouraged to plan ahead for possible delays and take an earlier trip. Plan your trip on Google Maps or visit mymetrobus.com/google.
2. Before heading out to your stop, add Metro’s Customer Service number (608) 266-4466 to your phone or download an app with Metro’s live-arrival bus information. For a list apps providing Metro bus arrival information go to mymetrobus.com/apps.
3. Dress warmly. Drivers work to reach your stop as soon as possible, but weather and traffic can cause delays to any individual bus at any time.
4. While waiting for the bus, do not stand in the street or wait on top of a snowbank. Please stand at back on the sidewalk, or at a cleared driveway or corner.
5. Be careful when boarding. Wait until the bus has come to a complete stop and be sure to hold onto hand railings as you board.
6. Stay informed! During inclement weather, Metro sends out winter weather email and text alerts. Sign up for alerts at mymetrobus.com/alert. Or, follow us on Twitter @mymetrobus.
Metro Transit runs during even the most extreme of circumstances. However, on occasion, service may be discontinued due to heavy snow and ice. During these rare times, Metro does its best to keep buses running as long as possible so that everyone is able to get a return trip home.
- Metro Transit Customer Service, 608-266-4466, firstname.lastname@example.org