Register to Vote at the Polls on Tuesday
Friday, February 14, 2020 - 8:15am
Although voter registration is not available the Saturday, Sunday, or Monday before an election, voters are able to register at the polls on Election Day.
Voters may verify their registration at https://MyVote.wi.gov. Anyone who moved prior to February 9 – even to a new apartment in the same building – will need to update their voter registration. Voters who moved within 10 days of the primary will not have been at their new address long enough to establish residency for voting purposes, and will only be eligible to vote at the polling location for their previous address.
Proof of address will be required when registering to vote and it may be electronic. Any of the following documents can be used as proof of address as long the name and address on the document correspond to the name and address on the voter registration form:
- Utility bill issued in the last 90 days (water, gas, electric, phone, cable, or internet)
- Bank statement (bank, credit union, credit card, mortgage)
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license/ID
- Government document (federal, state, county, municipal, tribal, UW, Madison College, or public school)
- Residential lease effective on day of registration (cannot be used if registering to vote by mail)
- Certified housing list from UW-Madison or Edgewood College (available at absentee voting sites and at the polls)
- Affidavit from a social service agency providing services to the homeless
- Contract or intake document from a nursing home or residential care facility
To determine your polling location, visit www.cityofmadison.com/WhereDoIVote.
- Maribeth Witzel-Behl, (608) 266-4601, email@example.com