Try out Dog Parks in Dane County for FREE on June 15!
Dane County Parks, Madison Parks, Middleton and Sun Prairie are offering a permit-free dog park day on Saturday, June 15 for all licensed dogs. The Cooperative Dog Program includes 18 dog parks that provide off-leash areas where dogs can run and play. Each park offers its own unique features and terrain. Participating parks include:
City of Madison Dog Parks
- Demetral: 2297 Commercial Ave.
- McCormick: 702 N. McCormick Ave.
- Odana School: 678 S. Segoe Rd.
- Quann: 1802 Quann-Olin Pkwy.
- Sycamore: 4517 Sycamore Ave.
- Walnut Grove: 202 N. Westfield Rd.
- Warner: 2301 Sheridan Dr.
Note: Brittingham dog park is closed for renovations.
Dane County Parks Dog Parks
- Badger Prairie: 4654 Maple Grove Dr
- Capital Springs Recreation Area: 3398 Lake Farm Road
- Indian Lake: 8381 State Highway 19
- Prairie Moraine: 6679 Wesner Rd
- Token Creek: 6200 Williamsburg Way
- Viking: 1583 County Highway N
- Yahara Heights: Catfish Court
Snap a photo of yourself enjoying Free Dog Park day and tag #madisonparks or #danecountyparks. Dogs must be vaccinated and have their municipal licenses to visit dog parks. Dogs must also comply with the rules of the park. To access these dog parks outside of the free day, a daily or annual Dog Park Permit is required. Support your favorite dog park by purchasing the permit directly from them.
The cities of Middleton and Sun Prairie also participate in the Cooperative Dog Park program and free dog park day. Visit their websites to learn more.
For dog rules, to learn more, or to purchase permits, visit:
About Madison Parks Dog Parks
The number of dog parks in the city of Madison consistently ranks in the top ten cities according to the Trust for Public Land. Currently, Madison Parks offers 8 off-leash dog parks with this number expected to increase over the coming years.