University Square Reconstruction
Starting the week of June 19, 2006, Findorff & Son Inc. will begin to occupy parts of surrounding streets around University Square, in order to facilitate the University Square Reconstruction Project. The following streets will be impacted:
University Avenue (between North Lake Street and North Murray Street)
· The bus stop east of North Murray Street was relocated to west of North Murray Street, approximately 40’ west of the west driveway to the Chazen Museum parking circle.
· Westbound bicyclists will share the restricted lane on the north side of University Avenue with buses.
· The three regular westbound traffic lanes will be shifted one lane north.
· The eastbound bike lane will be shifted one lane north, and will be protected by appropriate concrete barriers.
· The sidewalk on the south side of University Avenue will be closed, but the sidewalk on the north side will remain open at all times.
· New traffic signals have been installed at University Avenue and Murray Mall to help facilitate pedestrian crossings and traffic.
North Lake Street (between University Avenue and West Johnson Street)
· Part of the west curb lane (southbound) will be closed.
· The sidewalk on the west side of North Lake Street will be closed, but the sidewalk on the east side will remain open at all times.
West Johnson Street (between mid-block and North Lake Street)
· The north curb lane may be closed occasionally, but only between the hours of 8:30AM and 3:00PM.
· The sidewalk on the north side of W. Johnson will be closed, but the sidewalk on the south side will remain open at all times.
Access to all properties will be maintained.
This situation may last 18 months to two years. Motorists are encouraged to consider different routes to avoid delay during this multi-year project.
David C. Dryer, P.E., City Traffic Engineer and Parking Manager
- Matt Breunig, Findorff & Son Inc., 608-257-5321
- Matt Breunig, Findorff & Son Inc., 608-441-1693
- Yang Tao, City Traffic Engineering, 608-266-4815