Cyclocross Practice Ride | Aldo Leopold Park
We've partnered with Capital Off-Road Pathfinders in offering a free, temporary cyclocross course to practice your biking skills. Each event is open from 5-7pm at the designated location. You will need a bike with knobby tires, such as a mountain bike style and a good-fitting helmet. Some parks do not have restrooms, please plan accordingly. Cyclocross is a form of bicycle racing similar to cross country running but on a bicycle. Courses feature wooded trails, grass, pavement, steep hills, and obstacles.
No experience and no registration is required.
- Wednesday, August 31 Door Creek Park, 7035 Littlemore Dr.
- Wednesday, September 14 Olin Park, 1156 Olin-Turville Ct.
- Wednesday, September 28 Olbrich Park, 3527 Atwood
- Wednesday, October 12 Marshall Park, 2101 Allen Blvd.
- Wednesday, October 26 Reindahl Park, 1818 Portage Ave.
Capital Off Road Pathfinders (CORP) maintains a year-round cyclocross practice course at Northeast Park. Suitable for beginners, the course is free to use and open to the public. A course map, trail description, and trail conditions is maintained on the CORP website.