Failure to Pay a Forfeiture

The failure to pay a forfeiture or comply with a court order can result in serious consequences. Depending upon the nature of the charges and whether it is a juvenile case, a failure to comply with a court order can result in a driver's license suspension, vehicle registration suspension, referral to a collection agency, interception of your tax refund, or an arrest warrant resulting in a commitment to jail. If you are unable to comply with a court order you must contact the Municipal Court before the due date to request a modification of the order.

If you need a payment extension, payment plan or fall under poverty guidelines set forth in Wisconsin State Statute 814.29(1)(d) you must file a "Request For Time to Pay" with the Municipal Court before your due day.

Request for Time to Pay