Request Time to Pay

If you want to request more time to pay or request a payment plan you must make that request in writing either in person, by mail, by email, by fax, or in person at the Municipal Court office when the court is open to the public. Please fill out the form and return to the Municipal Court:

  • By Mail or in Person:
    Madison Municipal Court
    City-County Building
    210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Room 203
    Madison, WI 53703
  • By Fax: (608) 266-5930

The Judge will make the determination whether or not to grant your request. If your case has been assigned to a collection agency, you may clear your credit record by paying your forfeiture in full either at the court or at the collection agency. You will get credit for partial payments. However, the alternative sentence, such as a driver's license suspension or time in jail will remain in effect until your forfeiture is paid in full.