Madison’s proposed TDM process can be broadly divided into four steps:
1. Determine Applicability
- TDM applies to new and expanding developments, those changing uses, or those increasing parking with residential and/or non-residential components (commercial, employment, institutional).
2. Determine TDM targets
- Determine TDM requirements based on land use, development size, and number of proposed parking stalls, using a point-based system.
3. Create and submit TDM plan
- Select measures from the TDM menu to meet the assigned point target using the TDM Plan creation tool.
- Submit TDM plan for approval and pay a nominal fee to cover administrative review of the Plan.
4. Implementation, reporting and monitoring
- Upon approval, building owners need to implement measures specified in their TDM plans.
- The city will track and monitor program implementation and set reporting requirements.
- (Optional) Enroll in a Transportation Management Association for additional assistance with onsite TDM operations.