Alix Award Criteria
Alix Olson Award for the Promotion of a Tolerant and Just Community
- Demonstrate leadership, innovation or initiative.
- Enrich the cultural fabric of a community through programming, events or personal example.
- Have had an impact or influence on our community or individuals in our community, by working to solve a specific problem related to hate crimes or hate groups, by raising awareness, or providing educational resources on the subject of hate and how to eliminate and overcome it.
- Have made a difference in our community by engaging in actions that contribute to a more tolerant and just community - regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or other individual differences. In the words of Alix Olson, the goal should be "to create a community of mutual acceptance and equality."
- The work can be focused on any aspect of community life: education, neighborhoods, law enforcement, government, arts, communication, recreation, and persons can be awarded through their efforts at work or in a volunteer setting.
- Have not previously received this award.
- Currently not a member of the Alix Olson Award subcommittee of STAJOH.
- Impact of their work is felt in Dane County and/or South Central Wisconsin.
Deadline: October 27, 2019