Alder Regina M. Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Several important updates - water conservation, ending operations at Alliant, traffic calming, etc.
Several important updates for you:
1) It's been hot and it hasn't rained for quite a while. The City of Madison is requesting that you limit outdoor watering, particularly avoiding watering mid-day.
2) Community COVID-19 testing and vaccinations are ending at the Alliant Energy Center as of June 26. There are plenty of other options for the community to continue to access both resources. Please, if you haven't yet gotten vaccinated for any reason, I sincerely hope you will consider doing so to protect yourself and your community.
3) Last night, the Common Council approved a suite of traffic calming projects. Included in this is the elimination of the left turn option onto Regent Street traveling north from Highland Ave. This change will reduce one of the 5-way transit options currently at that intersection, with the intention of improving safety. The minor construction project to implement this change will occur later this summer or fall.
4) The Community Alternative Response for Emergency Services (CARES) program, which will address mental health 911 calls for service through an innovative new mobile unit, is getting underway. There will be a public information session on Tuesday June 22 at 7pm.
5) Please help Dane County assess the health of its residents by filling out this survey. This year's survey has a special focus on addressing the social determinants of health (SDoH). These are the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work, and age that shape health. The more people who fill out the survey, the more representative the resulting report will be.
6) Make Music Madison is back! Check out where you can enjoy free music on Monday June 21.
As always, if you have questions about these or any other matters, please reach out: District5@CityofMadison.com. I'm still learning a lot, so every question you have will help me better understand our community's needs.
Email to a friend