Get the latest Employee Updates, information on working from home, policies, and data related to COVID-19.
Employee Check-In Process
The purpose of check-ins is to allow time for employees and supervisors to talk about the important work employees do, recognize good work, and allow us all to best meet the needs of the City. Check in at least annually with each employee.
When meeting, it is important to remember:
- People show up to work as employees and human beings; recognize the person first.
- Empower the other person to problem solve and make decisions themselves.
- Provide choices where possible and ask questions to ensure you are clear about the feedback you’re receiving.
- Good feedback is necessary. Don’t avoid the tough conversations and be open to hearing difficult feedback.
- and remain focused on core expectations of:
Service, Communication, Teamwork, Equity and Inclusion, and Stewardship