2021 – 2023
John Nolen Drive
Thank you everyone who attended the first virtual public information meeting for John Nolen Drive Reconstruction.
Oct. 4, 2021 Public Information Meeting PowerPoint Presentation
Oct. 4, 2021 Public Information Meeting Recording
Also, please take our survey in English or Spanish.
The John Nolen Drive Reconstruction project will encompass a number of structural design improvements along the causeway between North Shore Drive and Olin Avenue. The improvements will be functional, feasible, and most importantly, widely supported by the community.
A number of exciting improvements are being considered, including:
- Reconstruction of six bridges along the causeway
- Lane configuration and cross section changes
- Expansion of the existing path to separate bike path and pedestrian facilities
- Shoreline reconstruction along Lake Monona
- Pedestrian and bike underpass between North Shore Drive and Broom Street
- Reconstruction of storm sewer
- Traffic signals and street lighting
- Others to be determined through public involvement process
This project will be planned and designed in coordination with the ongoing Law Park redevelopment.
The process is scheduled to run from 2021 through 2025, and will include analysis of existing conditions, feasibility studies, and a robust community engagement process to inform preliminary and final designs.
- Preliminary Design
- Final Design
2024 – 2025
2026 – 2027
Public involvement is a central element to the planning process for this project. The public involvement process will utilize a range of tools including public meetings and workshops, small group meetings, surveys, event tabling and intercept interviews, and other effective methods proven to ensure the final designs are informed by the community.
Public Information Meetings
City Process Meetings
Common Council: Information will be posted when available.
Board of Public Works: Information will be posted when available.