Learn more about in-person services and schedule an in-person appointment.
Monthly Parking Permits
Learn about how much you can save by purchasing a Monthly Permit.
Daytime and 24/7 vs. Overnight Rates
Monthly garage daytime parking permits are valid in most facilities from 4:00 am – 10:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Monthly Overnight parking permits are valid in most facilities from 6:00 pm – 7:00 am, 7 days a week. Parking Utility also offers Unlimited 24/7 Permits which allow parkers unlimited access to a chosen parking garage.
Resident vs. Non-Resident Rates
The resident rate is available only to people who live in the City of Madison or carpool. A City of Madison home address is required to qualify as a resident; a work address in the city does not qualify a person for the resident rate. The non-resident rate applies to businesses and non-city residents.
A monthly parking permit guarantees parking availability for you in the garage or lot, but there are no assigned parking stalls. Permit holders should park in any legal stall in the lot or garage.
Monthly parking permits require a minimum of a 30 day agreement, except for State Street Campus Garage which requires a 90 day agreement for the 24/7 permit. A written cancellation notice, to the Parking Utility Office at least 30 days in advance of the date you wish to discontinue participation in the monthly parking program, is required for all garages and lots. The notice may be completed in person or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All cards and hangtags must be returned within 15 business days of termination.
How to Obtain a Monthly Permit
To obtain a monthly parking permit, contact the Parking Utility Office email@example.com to complete and sign the agreement form, make the first month’s payment.
When contacting our office to obtain this pass, please include the following information:
- When you want to start this pass. (Please contact our office within 10 days of the date on which you wish to start parking; permits will not be held for parkers who wish to start at a later date.)
- The type or permit that you are interested in (24/7, Monday thru Friday only - no nights or weekends, or nightly - 6 pm to 7 am)
- You will then be sent forms to fill out and you will then email them back
- Sign up for an appointment to pick-up your permit in person. If you prefer to have your pass mailed to you, let Patrick know. (can take up to 7 days)
**Please note that some services have made procedural adjustments to minimize public contact. Monthly permits are now mailed to the customer once the paperwork and initial payment has been completed.
WALK INS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. If you would like an in-person appointment, schedule one here.
Office hours for monthly permitting are Monday – Friday from 8 am – 4 pm
Any further questions call Patrick at 608-267-8752.
Please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) Permit Updates page for current process details.
If the location you are looking for is not currently available, please send a formal request to firstname.lastname@example.org, to be added to the waiting list. Include the following information: Name, phone number, email address and the location you would like a permit for.
*Please note: The waiting list for Government East garage has transferred to the Wilson Street garage. You will keep your place on that list. Any NEW requests for Wilson Street Garage will be placed on the current Government East garage list.
Payment for the first month must be made before receiving the monthly permit card.
Please Note: We cannot accept credit card payments over the phone or online.
Monthly payments are due by the last business day of each month, for the following month, and can be completed several ways:
- A Credit Card Authorization Form is available for individual parkers who would like to setup Auto Pay Credit Card Transactions. This will allow your payment to process automatically at the end of each month.
- Mail the payments to the Parking Utility Office. Please make sure that you allow enough time for the payment to arrive prior to the due date.
*due to the current office closure, we cannot accommodate any in person payments.