Learn more about in-person services and schedule an in-person appointment.
Meter Signs are used to secure on-street parking in metered spaces, for a number purposes:
- to accommodate large moving trucks and other oversized vehicles
- to facilitate construction or other utility work on property and adjacent to the street.
Contractors seeking parking may find contractor hangtags PDF to be a viable option. Depending on the type of construction, a Street Occupancy Permit may be required.
- to prohibit parking for block parties, races, or parades.
If meter signs are to be used as part of a block party, race, or parade, a Street Use Permit or Parade Permit must be obtained in advance.
- to accommodate funerals or weddings
City ordinance allows up to six meters for funerals and wedding ceremonies -- not including receptions, at no charge.
Meter Signs issuing timeframes:
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8:00 am - 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
*If the parking space will be in use before and after 1:00 pm, a full day will be required.
- The cost to reserve a parking space is $18.00 per full day and $10.00 per half day, Monday through Saturday. No fee is charged for meters on Sundays.
- There is a $2.00 charge per Meter Sign issued.
- Signs are placed on meters by the purchaser. The Meter Signs and zip ties must be removed immediately after use and recycled by the purchaser. Additional fees can accrue for Meter Signs not properly removed and discarded.
- For more information or to request Meter Signs, call Parking Utility at (608) 266-4761.
- Meter Sign Information Sheet PDF
- Vehicles may not idle in excess of 5 minutes -- MGO (12.1291 & 28.141)