LAKE ACCESS NEWS
In partnership with Dane County Parks, a Lake Access Permit is NOT required on the following days:
- Saturday - Sunday, January 21-22, 2023
- Saturday - Sunday, June 3-4, 2023
ACCESSING THE LAKES
A daily or annual permit is required year-round at designated sites to launch a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV (see locations below). Piers are available from spring through fall. Installation and removal are dependent on the weather and lake conditions.
LAKE ACCESS PERMIT (Ordinance 8.215): See Purchase Permit
- A daily or annual permit is required year-round to launch a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV.
- Purchase permit ONLINE or by calling during regular office hours. Onsite kiosks are not available.
- The permit is valid for the issue year through March 31 of the following year.
- Permits for the following year may be purchased starting November 1 of the previous year.
- The permit should be displayed on the inside driver's side windshield.
- The permit is valid at designated launch sites throughout Dane County. MAP
DESIGNATED CITY OF MADISON LAUNCH LOCATIONS BY LAKE
- LAKE MONONA: Law, Olbrich, Olin
- LAKE MENDOTA: Marshall, Spring Harbor, Tenney, Warner
|Annual - Dane County Resident
|Annual - Non-Resident
|Annual - Dane County Senior (65+) & Disabled
|Annual - Non-Res Senior (65+) & Disabled
2023 permit is available Nov. 1 and is valid from the time of purchase through March 31, 2024.
2022 permit is valid through March 31, 2023.
TENNEY LOCKS CLOSURE NOTICE updated 08/31/2022
The Tenney Locks, managed by Dane County Land & Water, is closed for the 2022 season and until further notice due to a lightning strike and equipment failure. See DCLW