Mission, Goals, and Objectives
We exist to assist. Our team serves to provide equitable access to open government by promoting the inclusion and full participation of all residents in the democratic process. We are committed to achieving our mission through facilitating the right to vote, providing access to open meetings and open records, providing impartial license administration, and offering support for the legislative process.
- Continual Improvement
- Leaders in Innovation
- Equity, Empowerment, and Engagement
- Respect for Each Customer
- Key Resource for Information
- Service with Integrity and Empathy
- City Clerk Maribeth Witzel-Behl, WCPC
- Deputy City Clerk Jim Verbick
- Eric Christianson, WCMC, Certified Municipal Clerk
- Thomas Lund, WCMC, Certified Municipal Clerk
- Nikki Perez, WCMC, Certified Municipal Clerk, Emergency Management Team
- Jennifer Haar, WCMC, Certified Municipal Clerk, Records Custodian
- Heather Harris, Municipal Clerk II, Emergency Management Team
- Maggie McClain, Municipal Clerk II, Public Information Officer
- Shelby Hanewold, Municipal Clerk II
- Bonnie Chang, Municipal Clerk I, Voter Outreach Coordinator
Everyone in the Clerk's Office is cross-trained on all Clerk's Office duties. All Clerk's Office employees are either working toward or have already earned certification as a Wisconsin Certified Municipal Clerk through the Wisconsin Municipal Clerks Association.
Everyone in the office is part of the Clerk's Office Racial Equity & Social Justice team. We devote time every Tuesday to focusing on equity. The entire office has completed the YWCA Racial Justice Workshop series, participated in the YWCA Racial Justice Summit, and completed Hard Conversations: An Introduction to Racism and its Undoing. Half the office is completing Justified Anger: Black History for a New Day training in 2020, and the other half of the office will complete this training in 2021.