Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
The Madison Municipal Building and Community Development Division are closed to the public until further notice. However, staff are working remotely, so please be patient as response time could be slower than normal. If you have questions or need to submit documents, please contact CDD@cityofmadison.com or fax to (608) 261-9626.
- Tuition Assistance: Operating as usual.
- Child Care Accreditation: Child Care Specialists are available to consult with child care programs in the City but are not visiting centers at this time. The City collaborated with other child care partners in the area to develop a document for group child care programs as the plan for reopening. Guidance for Group Centers Reopening (pdf)
- Property Tax Assistance for Seniors (65+) Program is accepting applications. Application material can be accessed online or mailed to customer. Please leave voice message at (608) 266-4223 with contact information to receive application package.
- Home Buy the American Dream Program is accepting applications. All applications must be submitted by first mortgage lender. Application packages can be mailed to PO Box 2627, Madison WI 53701-2627 or sent by secure email to email@example.com Processing time has been extended to no less than 30 days.
- Due to Covid-19, the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Programs are suspended until further notice.
View all impacts to City service on the City's COVID-19 website.
Community Development What We Do »
The Community Development Office is a public investment agency within the City of Madison Department of Planning & Community & Economic Development that works with community-based non-profit organizations to improve the quality of life for Madison's low- and moderate-income people and neighborhoods.
The Community Development Division's contract management system allows organizations to both submit funding applications and request payments authorized by executed contracts with the CD Division.
CDBG-DR Grant Application to State of Wisconsin
We invite you to provide initial comments on the City's upcoming submission of its grant application for CDBG — Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds from the State of Wisconsin's Department of Administration. Comments may be made at a CDBG Committee public hearing scheduled for Thursday, March 4th, at 5:30 PM, held virtually on Zoom. You may register to speak at the meeting after the CDBG Committee agenda is published or by submitting comments in writing to the firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, March 10th.
The Child Care Unit's Pathways to Quality initiative aims to increase the number of children from low income families in high quality child care.
Get free help managing your money and connecting to resources.
Use the free hotline »
Madison Senior Center Calendar of fun! Take a class, join a discussion, enjoy some exercise!
View the event calendar »
Find links to finalized and approved chapters of City of Madison Biennial Housing Report.
View Housing Reports »
Find City accredited child care / education programs, after-school & summer programs.
See referral list »
Do you need assistance paying for child care while you're at work, school, or for other reasons?
See if you are eligible »
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the CDD Funding Opportunities email list: