|Address:||3527 Atwood Ave.|
|Hours:||4:00am - 10:00pm|
|Shoreline On:||Lake Monona & Starkweather Creek|
Park HistoryOlbrich Park was formerly known as Lake Front Park and remains one of Madison's largest lakefront parks with 16 acres of land. In 1921, Michael B. Olbrich purchased 3,500 feet of Lake Monona shoreline that was acquired by the City of Madison on July 22, 1921. The following year, Olbrich formed the Madison Parks Foundation to raise the money necessary to complete the new park and to acquire shoreline between it and the Yahara River Parkway.
By 1928, Olbrich had achieved the goals of acquiring the funding for this parkland and turned his attention to the acquisition of the first ports of the University of Wisconsin Arboretum on the shore of Lake Wingra.
In 1929 when Michael Olbrich unexpectedly died, the park was renamed, Olbrich Park to honor and recognize the remarkable legacy he left to Madison.