Reserve a Shelter
Madison Parks offers large group shelters and many smaller, year-round picnic shelters. Large shelters may offer restrooms (in or nearby), electricity and are generally available mid-April through mid-October (Gates of Heaven and Highland Manor are available year-round). Picnic shelters are reservable or available on a first-come, first-served basis and are open year-round. A few offer seasonal restrooms and electricity.View All Large Shelters View All Picnic Shelters
- See SHELTER PRICES for 2022 rates.
- BEFORE reserving, be sure to see Parks Projects. We are continually improving our park system and some of these improvements may impact a nearby shelter.
- Are you planning a neighborhood, street, or other special event? Visit SPECIAL EVENTS to see if your event qualifies.
- RESERVE One of three ways
- Calling (608) 266-4711
- In-person at the Parks administration office
- Full payment is due at the time of processing your reservation, along with any required permits.
- Credit card (MasterCard or Visa) is the only accepted method of payment.
- All reservations are subject to our standard cancellation policy.
- 2023 reservations open Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
or call (608) 266-4711 Mon - Fri, 8 am - 4:15 pm
Please Note: We are continually improving our park system. Please see Parks Projects for more information on specific park projects that may impact your shelter reservation.
- City of Madison Parks Division
City-County Building, Room 104
210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
- Phone: (608) 266-4711
- Fax: (608) 267-1162
- Contact Form
- WI Relay Service
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Park Hours: 4:00am - 10:00pm
- After Hours, Weekends & Holidays: Contact Park Rangers, (608) 235-0448