Park Shelter Reservation Policies and Cancellations
Helpful Dos, Don'ts and Tips
- Do review the Park Rules prior to making a reservation.
- Do bring your receipt as proof of your reservation.
- Do setup and cleanup during your reserved time only.
- Do check Parks Projects for potential projects.
- Do decorate using painter's tape or free-standing decorations. Don't use nails, staples or glue to decorate.
- Do bring your own tables and chairs, if needed. Most shelters offer picnic tables. Check with Parks staff at the time of your reservation for details.
- Do check with Parks staff at the time of your reservation about lighting and outlets, if needed. Lights and outlets vary at each shelter. Lights at open-air shelters are on timers.
- Do understand amenities such as ball diamonds, tennis courts or play equipment are open to the public. Some amenities may be reserved in advance.
- Do know additional fees may be charged for staff cleanup, park damage or policy violations.
Large Shelter: Changes & Cancellations
- Did you reserve a large shelter? View locations HERE.
- Changes to a reservation may be made 28 days or more before the event date and may have a $25 administrative fee.
- Cancellations to a reservation made during lottery day will receive a 50% refund up to 11 days before the event and no refund at 10 days or fewer before the event date.
- No refunds are given due to undesirable weather.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Parks office:
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Room 104, Madison, WI 53703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cancellation Timeline||Refunds Amount|
|28 days or more prior to event||Full refund, minus $25 admin fee|
|27-11 days prior to event||50%|
|10 days or fewer prior to the event||No refund|
Picnic Shelters: Changes & Cancellations
- Did you reserve a picnic shelter? View locations HERE.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted to the Parks Administration Office in writing to:
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, #104, Madison, WI 53703 or by email.
- There is no charge to change the date and/or location, if the request is received 28 days or more prior to event date.
- Full refunds are given, at no charge for cancellation requests received at least 28 days prior to the event date.
- Cancellations and changes received 27 to 11 days prior to the event date (counting notice date and event date) will incur a $10 administrative fee.
- No cancellations or changes will be accepted 10 days or fewer before the event date (counting notice date and event date).
If you have any issues, contact a Park Ranger, (608) 235-0448.