SPRING HARBOR CLOSURE NOTICE updated 09/28/2022
Improvements are coming for the boat launch at Spring Harbor Park. The Spring Park boat launched will be closed starting October 17, 2022 to allow the City of Madison Engineering Division to dredge the area. The project and closure are anticipated to be completed by March 1, 2023. For updates and to learn more about the project, visit City Engineering's Spring Harbor Dredge
TENNEY LOCKS CLOSURE NOTICE updated 08/31/2022
The Tenney Locks, managed by Dane County Land & Water, is closed for the 2022 season and until further notice due to a lightning strike and equipment failure. See DCLW
OLBRICH BOAT LAUNCH CAUTION ADVISORY
Boaters are advised to use caution navigating the narrowed channel where the Starkweather Creek meets Lake Monona due to low lake levels and creek sediment. READ MORE
ACCESSING THE LAKES
A daily or annual permit is required year-round at designated sites to launch a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV (see locations below). Piers are available spring through fall. Installation and removal are dependent on the weather and lake conditions.
LAKE ACCESS PERMIT (Ordinance 8.215): See Purchase Permit
- A daily or annual permit is required year-round to launch a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV.
- Purchase permit ONLINE or by calling during regular office hours. Onsite kiosks are not available.
- The permit is valid for the issue year through March 31 of the following year.
- Permits for the following year may be purchased starting November 1 of the previous year.
- The permit should be displayed on the inside driver's side windshield.
- The permit is valid at designated launch sites throughout Dane County. MAP
DESIGNATED CITY OF MADISON LAUNCH LOCATIONS BY LAKE
- LAKE MONONA: Law, Olbrich, Olin
- LAKE MENDOTA: Marshall, Spring Harbor, Tenney, Warner
|Dane County Resident Annual
|Dane County Senior (65+)
|Nonresident Senior (65+)
LAUNCH AREA PARKING RULES AND TIPS (Ordinance 8.16):
View all Boat Launches
- Long stalls are for parking vehicles with trailers only.
- Regular-size stalls are for parking vehicles with no trailer only.
- Parking on the grass is prohibited.
- When the launch parking lot is full, you must find an alternative launch site
- Violators are subject to a citation.
Olin Park - Boat Launch
Lake Access Permit Required: Yes