Filming and Photo Shoots in Madison Parks
Commercial Filming and Photo Shoot Permit
A commercial shoot is filming or photography by a person, business, or other entity for a market audience with the intent of generating income. A Commercial Shoot permit is required for this type of activity in a City of Madison Park.
Non-Commercial Filming/Photo Shoots may Require a Permit
A permit may be necessary to manage the activity to protect park resources and assets, and to minimize disputes between user groups or to ensure public safety. Examples of non-commercial shoots include, but are not limited to, shoots for tourism bureaus, convention and visitor bureaus, and student shoots.
Reasons a permit may be necessary for a non-commercial filming/photography shoot
- The shoot is taking place in a reservable park space (shelter or athletic field).
- There is setup with temporary structures for the shoot (tent, stage, portable toilets, etc.).
- There will be amplification during the shoot.
Commercial and non-commercial filming/photography shoots must adhere to the following general Madison Parks rules. Requesting activity that does not follow one of these rules will require special approval.
- No glass containers are permitted in the park.
- No driving or parking of vehicles on grass.
- No permanent marking of the parking lots, paths, sidewalks or streets is allowed. Chalk may be used, but not spray paint, spray chalk, or stickers.
Please submit the Commercial Shoot Park application at MadisonEvents@cityofmadison.com. If you have questions about the permit or if you want to check on the availability of a park, you may contact the Community Events Assistant at MadisonEvents@cityofmadison.com, (608) 264-9289.
Fees for Commercial Shoots
- $225 - Full Day / $175 - Half Day
- If renting a shelter for the shoot, there will be shelter fees also.
- There are additional fees if your shoot requires other permits (amplification or temporary structures).
- The permit holder will be responsible for any city resources required for damage remediation or cleanup after the commercial shoot.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Street Use Staff Commission
- Events on Madison Streets Packet
- Events that Need Water Quality Testing