Rules & Expectations
Before Your Visit
- Arrive ready to swim! All lockers and changing rooms are closed.
- Pack a chair. Deck chairs are not provided.
- Bring a water bottle. Touch-free water filling stations have been added.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, pool guests will continue to see a number of adjustments and precautions.
- Limited showers are available.
- Lockers are closed.
- Changing rooms are closed.
- Deck chairs are not provided.
- Concessions are closed.
- As always, no spitting.
Precautions and Recommendations
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Maintain 6' between you and anyone outside of your household.
- Use hand-sanitizer after contact with common surfaces.
- Carry in food or beverages is not permitted, except water.
- Swim only when a lifeguard is on duty. Obey lifeguard instructions at all times.
- Respect all patrons and staff members. Any patron using derogative, racial or otherwise inappropriate language toward another patron or staff member will be removed from the facility.
- Fighting and rough play are not allowed.
- Diving is permitted in the diving well only.
- Do not enter the pool area if you have an open cut or communicable disease.
- Inflatables, such as inner tubes, water wings, swimsuits with built-in flotation are not allowed.
- Lifejackets are allowed, in the shallow water only, if they are United States Coast Guard approved Type 1 or 2.
- Lifejackets are not permitted in the deep water or on slides.
- Children wearing a lifejacket must be supervised by a parent and within arms' reach.
- Children under 7 must be actively supervised (watching your child at all times and able to provide immediate assistance) by a caregiver aged 16 or older.
- Swim diapers are required for those who are not toilet trained.
- Smoking and alcohol are not allowed.
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
- The City of Madison is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Leave no trace and put litter in its place.
Pool Closing Policy
The pool will be closed under the following circumstances:
- If the air temperature is below 69° at opening or low attendance.
- If rain prevents the lifeguards from seeing the bottom of the pool.
- If there has been rain, thunder or lightening for a period of one hour and the storm is projected to continue.
- Mechanical breakdown.
- The Goodman Pool cannot meet the state codes for the safety, maintenance and operation of pools and water attractions.
- By Public Health Emergency Order.
- Call to confirm your group time with 608-264-9292.
- Group staff/counselors will be required to watch your group of kids while at the Pool.
- Please call 608-264-9292 if you will have to cancel your scheduled group time as soon as you know your will not be able to attend your time.
- Goodman Park has a small picnic shelter, volleyball court, and basketball courts near the pool to share with others at the Park if needed other areas to go when done swimming.
- Enjoy your time at the Goodman Pool!
Pool Terms & Definitions
- ages 1-18
- ages 19-61
- ages 62 & over
Resident/Non-Resident: A Madison resident is one who has a Madison street address.
Family: Family is defined as persons living at the same address.
- elderly parents living with the family/children, non-married couples
- foster children
- step children
- foreign exchange students
- families with joint placement arrangements
A day care provider working in someone's home will NOT be considered a member of the family. Applications for consideration of special circumstances should be submitted in writing to the Parks Division.