Public Works/Construction AA Plan
You will be required to submit within thirty (30) days from the effective date of a contract or purchase order with the City, and prior to the release of payment by the City.You have the option of completing the model online Affirmative Action Plan approved by the Common Council linked below or your own AA Plan that meets the requirements of Federal Revised Order No. 4, 41 CFR Part 60-2
Exemption 14 or Fewer: Contracts and/or purchase orders with individuals, partnerships, corporations, associations, or other entities including contractors, vendors, or suppliers, which employ fewer than fifteen (15) employees, qualify for an Affirmative Action Plan Exemption that can be completed online.Exemption Less than $50K: Contracts and/or purchase orders with individuals, partnerships, corporations, associations, or other entities including contractors, vendors, or suppliers whose aggregate annual business with the City for the calendar year in which the contract takes effect is less than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000), qualify for an Affirmative Action Plan Exemption that can be completed online.
Bidders please note: if applying in order to bid on a Public Works contract, BOTH a Bid Prequalification application AND an Affirmative Action Plan application must be submitted by the deadline stated in the contract bid documents. The AA Plan application must be approved prior to bid opening.
Information about Bid Prequalification can be found at: https://www.cityofmadison.com/engineering/developers-contractors/contractors/prequalified-contractor-list.
- Instructions for Completing City of Madison Affirmative Action Plan for Construction
- Affirmative Action Plan Application for Construction - Contractors, Subcontractors, and Lower Tier Subcontractors should use this application. PLEASE NOTE: Please be certain to select "Affirmative Action Plan-Construction"
- Self-Identification Form
- Guidelines for Classification of Employees by EEO-1 Job Category
- Union Labor Request for Affirmative Action Referrals
- City of Madison Affirmative Action Plan Best Practices
- City of Madison Affirmative Action Articles of Agreement
- Sample Construction AA Plan - Not for Submission